Friday, March 7, 2014

Udall Responds

Unfortunately it's been so long that I've forgotten the exact topic I wrote him on but it evidently was regarding UBC's and magazine capacity limits. In part, here's his response:
 I know some Coloradans may say that banning some legitimate hunting weapons is a small price to pay to keep other, more dangerous weapons off of our streets - especially for a state that has suffered mass gun tragedies.  I can relate to that sentiment, but after years of seeking to find common ground on gun-safety issues, I also know that overreach can spur the backlash that we've seen undermine even the most common-sense solutions - like universal background checks.  
So he doesn't mind gin bans but would settle for incrementalism. He can't ban all your guns today, but he thinks long term.

So do I and his current term ends this year.

No comments: