Saturday, January 24, 2015

A Day At The Range

That was the original plan with adjustments for breakfast with blogger buddies for me and with wifes family for Shooting Buddy followed by meetup at the Mart up north and carpool out.

I got to the Mart first and found traffic backed up for a block in all directions. I was informed that there was a Union convention on and parking which is normally free is now $5. Talked my way past the collector of baksheesh and got in without a ticket on my dash.

Called Shooting buddy and warned him of the delay at the mart. He called back and informed me that he was stuck in the scheduled shutdown of a freeway which he didn't know about so we cancelled the whole thing. Bummer. Maybe next week.

Probably just as well. Without the dash ticket I probably would have returned to find my tires slashed, my doors keyed, and the car towed to a union impound lot. Technically I'm a union member. You can withdraw, but your name never leaves the rolls. I left unimpressed with the setup.

No comments: